New Release: Version 4.10.0

AdamAdam Developer
edited November 2015 in News

New module - Separate Notes!

This version includes next community supported module - Separate Notes. Many thanks again to all the supporters, it wouldn't happen without you!

For over a month the module is free to use to everyone. Just go to Modules and turn it on. Please check it out and report any issues or ideas for improvements.

To see the thread related to this module with a description of how to use it click here.

What's next?
Please vote for the next module. We're going to wait a week before choosing the next module to develop, so that people voting for Separate Notes have a chance to relocate their votes they get back now.

Tagged:

Comments

• markflmarkfl Member
    Adam,
    When I click on the app Goalist to run it since the new version with "3 kinds of notes" I get the message "Unfortunately, Goalist has stopped". The app will not run. Goalist was working prior to the " 3 kinds of notes" with "Category Edit" and "Checklist". I am a new subscriber in Level 1 running Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. My Motorola Moto G will not update to a newer Android version, if that is the problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Goalist, but still getting the same results.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Thank you for reporting this, we're investigating now and a fix will be ready today. Sorry for the bug :( There will be no need to change the Android version.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    We've found the bug. Fortunately it was a tiny one, just happened in an unfortunate place. There is no threat to your data. The only action required is upgrading to the version 4.10.2 - it was just published, may take several hours before Google updates its servers.
  • markflmarkfl Member
    edited November 2015 Posts: 0
    Thanks. It is working excellent for me. Too bad I did not have a copy of the complete "Goalist" Directory backed up. I really like how the "Instance" notes display as a list with dates attached.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    edited November 2015 Posts: 576
    Great to hear it, thanks!

markfl said:

Too bad I did not have a copy of the complete "Goalist" Directory backed up.

Did you lose any data? Is it because of the upgrade?

• markflmarkfl Member
    Adam,
    I made the mistake of uninstalling Goalist 4.9 entirely to see if that would help with the app stopping. I then installed Goalist 4.10 raw and tried to just retrieve the backed up database file. I found the categories did not show any tasks and my calendar had no tasks I ised to have.
    I actually took some screen-shots of most of my tasks displayed on Goalist before I uninstalled, just in case. I recreated every task starting from raw Goalist 4.10.2. I wanted to change them to using the new "3 kinds of notes". And this was a good time to do it.
    I haven't had any problems since.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    It's time to choose the next module to develop. 2 modules had almost the same amount of votes for some time so we were waiting for a clear leader to emerge. And that's "Task Widget" now. Thank you for voting!