automatically open keyboard when adding a note

on my Galaxy note 4, once the note window appears, I have to tap on the 'Type in your notes' field to make the keyboard available.
That's way to many steps to type a note.
I would also suggest the notes icon to be directly available on a long press, rather than to have to go through the 'more' menu.
I use notes to add precision to generic tasks.
I prefer to have 1 task 'call' then add the name in the note, rather than have 'call Barbara', 'call peter', etc. when I start adding a 'call' task.
Tagged:

Comments

• AdamAdam Developer
    The keyboard thing is already fixed (will be available in the next release, which is still under testing).

The icon is already available. I also use notes a lot so I have it appear on single task touch on the top toolbar. To enable it:
    - navigate to Settings > Day plan context menu options
    - scroll to the very bottom
    - check "Notes"
    Btw: use Modules > Separate Notes > Settings to set the default note type if you're using Instance or Daily notes more frequently than any other type.

With instance notes you may have a "diary" of calls which does not clutter the notes list in day plan screen, but can be viewed when editing a task, at the bottom of the screen.

More about notes here
  • cxp4cxp4 Member, Moderator
    I just noticed that changing a note on a task changes the note for past occurences of the task. I think the notes should be frozen.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Yes, these are General notes that are shared by all instances. Separete Notes module offers 2 other types which have the 'frozen' effect.
    ok, then it'all good
    THANKS
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Implemented: when editing a note the keyboard pops up automatically, and if there is any text the cursor is put at the end. Will appear in next release.
    This is going to save a lot of time and make the app an even greater pleasure to use.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Yeah, I already like it myself.