Blanquito theme problem

Hi, don't know if already reported, but when using the white them, + and - in the register adding entries are not visible (might be because they are white too??

Comments

• AdamAdam Developer
    Thanks, we're aware of that and we're working on it. We need to create separate icons for this theme or adjust colors somehow. It's a bit complicated with this particular theme and there are other places where the icons are not visible or hardly visible in this theme..

Btw: why do you use this theme? Are the dark ones not readable enough? Not enough contrast? Too colorful? We haven't got much feedback about themes in general.. not sure if we should try to adjust the dark themes or create more light ones too. We personally like dark themes, that's why our main focus is on them..
  • PascalPascal Moderator
    Hi Adam,
    I see that the visibility of the "+" icons next to "Categories" and "New task" has been improved in the latest release (5.2.5). This is great, thanks :-).
    Could you also enhance the visibility of the task set icons? They are still "white on white" and thus hardly visible with Blanquito:

In case you wonder why I still use this theme: I have been trying the various dark themes, but I always returned to Blanquito, because I found it more readable. It's something personal, I think, I usually prefer dark text on light backgrounds to negative (clear text on dark backgrounds) layouts. I find negative layouts more overwhelming, and "positive" layouts more calming. I know many software developers who have their development IDE with white text on a black background, but I'm the one who prefers black text on white :-)
  • PascalPascal Moderator
    weird... but it's fixed now: the task set icon has changed and now is in the same style as the "+" icon.
    Maybe it was some caching issue that displayed the white icon?
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Yeah, it is weird and I saw a similar behavior in testing, but couldn't determine what's causing it.

Thank you for writing about the themes. Anna actually wanted to start a discussion about them to get some feedback before she gets to creating new themes. She'd like to create a light one now, but looking more modern than Blanquito. And to design it internally in a way that will allow to easily create multiple "flavors" with subtle differences in colors.

She almost had one a while ago, but got to a dead end, and we decided to scratch it and start over. It may seem fairly simple to do, but there are hundreds of elements (XML and graphics).

And we focused on dark themes because we thought about saving power. That's what happened to be the most important to us. Plus personal preferences of course. So feedback like yours is really helpful, otherwise we could end up with another dark theme :D

• PascalPascal Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 0
    Power saving, that's an interesting point I haven't thought of. But this applies only to amoled screens, and i think i have an lcd screen. I read that black pixels on certain types of lcd screens even require more energy than white ones.
    But apart from that, my first concern is readability, and for me that turns out to be dark text on a light background.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    OK, so that leaves us with personal taste only :D And maybe we should change the theme of the forum too..

Anyway, there will be more light themes soon.

• annaromeroannaromero Member
    edited January 5 Posts: 0
    Have you made these new light themes? Because I really like those lights themese that you already have. But I want something new for my phone :-*
  • AdamAdam Developer
    No, not yet, sorry :D
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Pascal said:

... I usually prefer dark text on light backgrounds to negative (clear text on dark backgrounds) layouts...

New version 6.0.2 comes with new themes, light only. Would be great if you could provide some feedback if you like any of them.

• PascalPascal Moderator
    Adam, congratulations with the new version. It looks very good! Thanks!
    I like the new themes a lot. They work well for me. I must admit that it took me a couple of days to get used to the new interface, but now that I'm used to it, it's perfect!
    I have been trying different themes and now I'm staying with "van Vivautzyo".
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Great, thank you! That's my favorite too, by the way :D