Filter statistics?

Hi, new to Goalist but liking it so far...

Is there a way to filter which tasks are shown on the Statistics page? Reason for asking: I'm only using Goalist for work time (predominantly 08:00-18:00 Monday to Friday), so each day I have a 'No Plan' task from midnight to 08.:00.

That means that on the Statistics page, almost 50% of my time is allocated to No Plan, and I'd like to filter that out. Or maybe there's a better way if seeing how my work time is spent?

Comments

• AdamAdam Developer
    Hi Keith, welcome to the forum!

So far there's no way to do additional filtering. I'm looking at the list of module proposals but don't see any related. So I'll create a proposal for this functionality and you can get free subscription for the idea.

I remember talking about it before but can't find it now.. It would be nice to be able to click a category or goal and see a list of tasks that belong to it and the stats split between them. Filter out some tasks, even permanently in Settings. Or be able to select a few goals and see stats only for them. Any other ideas?

For now you could achieve it moving "No Plan" to a Category like "Life necessities" and work-related tasks to the Values&Goals structure. Then you could use Value, Goal, Task group or Tag for "Stats basis" which would not include any tasks from outside the Values tree.

• backseatbackseat Member
    Thanks Adam. I like the idea of moving work-related tasks to the Values&Goals structure, but can I actually move them there? I can't see how to, and I don't really want to recreate them and lose historical information.
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Yes there are a few Move options:
    1) Edit a task, click menu > Move
    2) Go to Categories > [your category] > long-press a task > Move OR mark multiple tasks > Options > Move
    3) Edit a goal, long-press a task > Move