Task notification sound - record your own: does it work?

I wonder if I am the only one who is experiencing this:
When I edit a task and I want to change the notification sound to record my own, I get the interface to record a sound (with record, stop, play, pause buttons), but nothing happens when I press the record button. So, I can't record my own sounds any more. It used to work, and I have the impression that it stopped working after the interface to record sounds has been changed some versions ago.

Comments

• AdamAdam Developer
    It still works for me. I've heard about problems in Android 8 - do you have this version? There was also a discussion about it some time ago here: http://cambiastic.com/goalist/forum/discussion/129/bug-report-notification-sounds-recording-selecting-from-sd-card#latest - it's about formats and permissions. Different formats work on different phones for me.
  • PascalPascal Moderator
    Adam, thank you!! Your link to the other thread helped me out :-)
    When I tried to make a back-up, I was asked to allow Goalist to access photos, media and files on my device. After granting the access, I could record my own sounds. So, I had to do with permissions (which were not asked at the time I wanted to record).
    I'm running Android 7.0 by the way.
    Thanks again!
  • AdamAdam Developer
    Great. The permission-asking process was made mandatory quite recently, I've added it in a few places, but most probably not in all places. I'll check the code to make sure the recording logic takes it into account too.
  • PascalPascal Moderator
    Excellent, thanks
  • AdamAdam Developer
    This permission was missing indeed, I've added it. Good catch, thank you.